Almost everyone loves to go to "a travel" or have a vacation once in a while. But sometimes we do forget that traveling needs preparation and we get caught up with a last minute travel preps. So I have enumerated some of the pointers that you can try in preparation for a great vacation.
• First, make sure that you have enough time to plan for the vacation you wanted.
• If you want to travel outside of your country, be sure that your passport is ready and not expired. Like some countries, they require a renewal of passport months before it expires. Or sometimes you go on a trip, and you didn't check the expiration date of your passport and you didn't know that your passport is going to expire while you are outside of your country.
• Think of the place you wanted to go, and if you have decided where, then check the internet for tourist spots in that certain country. Research on the place so you wouldn't get lost and it would be easier for you to check out the cool places they have.
• Call up hotels in that country and make reservations, so you won't be sleeping on the streets when you get there and all the hotels are jammed with other tourists. Also, when you call them on an earlier time before the vacation, they may have a best vacation package that is cheaper than the one they offer during the peak season.
• Be sure to have the right number of reservations if you are traveling alone or with family or even with friends.
• Check if the country requires you to get a visa. If they do, then it is better get one as early as you can.
• Check for open flights. All your preparation will go to waste if you don't get to reserve a flight.
• Make a copy of all the documents you will be bringing just in case you lose your stuff such as your passport, driver's license, credit cards, airplane tickets, checks and other documents. Also leave a copy at home and have it faxed to you in case some problem occurs.
• Also, try to find out if the country requires departure tax.
• Try to get something that would fit you or your schedule. Don't get something that you don't want, and just got it because there is no other choice. This might end up in a disaster.
• Have foreign money ready. Make sure that you get to keep foreign money in your pocket; you will need this in traveling or going around. Of course, be sure that money is the right one to use on the certain country you are going to.
• Check for the cost of bus travel or any local transportation in that country. This can help you to travel easier and select which will be cheaper and more accessible.
• Make a list of things you will need for that trip. It would help you a lot while packing so you will not forget anything. We do make a list and then suddenly remember something that you need and was not on your list then jot it down.
• Let someone know that you will be traveling or having a vacation.
• Make sure to prepare your luggage the night before your departure and not rush on the same day of your departure. A habit of rushing makes us forget something that you might need in our trip.
• Also, check if you are bringing the right clothes for the certain country.
• Lastly, if you have an early flight, sleep in early and use you alarm clock.
Well, that's about it. I hope you have a good time during your travel. The best time to prepare is six months before your expected or planned vacation.
I am a year old gal who enjoys [http://patriciaholdenmd.wordpress.com]traveling a lot, may it be for pleasure or for work. I work at a hospital as a medical doctor; I am in the field of internal medicine. I am a mother of a beautiful daughter, she is now 7. The one thing that my whole family enjoys is having a [http://patriciaholdenmd.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/how-to-prepare-for-a-trip/]vacation
during Christmas season, or any chance that we can get to getaway.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Patricia_Holden http://EzineArticles.com/?How-to-Prepare-for-a-Trip&id=